POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just another crystals VIP - 1 attachment : Re: Just another crystals VIP - 1 attachment Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just another crystals VIP - 1 attachment
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 26 Feb 2004 22:21:01
Message: <Xns949C2C3409CC0raf256com@203.29.75.35>
dan### [at] yahoocom news:403eb4d0@news.povray.org

>> > Guess how long it took to render on 2GHz ;)
>> Four or five hours...? Tilting my LCD display back a little helps it
>> look better IMHO, with a higher contrast.
> I'm gonna go less and guess 45 minutes. Looks very real!

Well, this render took,
.
.
.
spoiler
.
.
.
space
.
.
.
;-)

above fifteen hours to render only first 20% of it (with I posted above),
and then I was tired of waiting ;) It took so long probably because of too
high radiosity settings (count=200, error=0.5) and photons count=0.5 milon.

When I correctred settings, I was stoped by a bug (in 3.5 and 3.6) with
dispersion+radiosity with shows up always when radiosity quality is not
very high as I discovered, and I will probably pause project until fixing
this bug.

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/